Cisco IP Phone 7940 / 7960 VoIP settings & configuration
The Cisco IP Phone 7960G, a key offering in the IP Phone portfolio, is a full-featured IP phone primarily for manager and executive needs. It provides six programmable line/feature buttons and four interactive soft keys that guide a user through call features and functions. Audio controls for duplex speakerphone, handset and headset.
Before beginning, the Cisco phone must have the SIP firmware installed. Proof of this is the SIP logo in the upper right corner of the phone's screen. If you do not have the SIP firmware installed you can contact Cisco to purchase it. Boloh does not provide or sell the firmware.
Unlock the configuration protection by pressing "**#"
Press "settings" button
Configure IP connectivity in "Network Configuration Menu" (e.g., DHCP support)
- Select "SIP Configuration"
- Select "Line 1"
- Enter the account number assigned to you when signed up for Boloh service, in the fields "name" and "authentication name"
- Enter the password that you chose when you signed up for the service.
- Enter "sip3.Boloh.co.uk" as proxy address
- Set "g729a" as Preferred Codec
- Press "back" and "save" buttons to leave the configuration mode
If the phone fails to login, please take the time to double check your configuration as above. If everything appears to be correct, the problem may be your firewall.
- If your router/firewall suports DMZ, put your VoIP device in the DMZ area
- If you have an external firewall try opening SIP ports SIP signalling ports (UDP) = 5000 - 5500 RTP/RTCP ports (UDP) = 10000 - 30000
Still Problems? Please check our installation troubleshooter.;